Problems with VM 8.0.X under Xemacs

From: Marina Meila
Subject: Problems with VM 8.0.X under Xemacs
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:30:59 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm not sure this is the right forum to ask my question, but I didn't find any likely mailing list specific to Xemacs.

I have recently upgraded to Xemacs 21.4.21 with VM8.0 and after that it has been absolutely impossible to read mail in VM. The problem is with the syntax of the .vm configuration file.

Here is my latest attempt to it, one of many:

(add-to-list 'vm-spool-files
'("imap-ssl:<mailhost>:993:inbox:login:<username>:*"))

It seems that the current documentation is outdated, and the syntax they give does not correspond to what vm wants. I have sent emails to the VM maintainers, to RW-F too, but never got any reply.

Does anyone know what is the correct syntax?

I really want to continue using VM...

Thanks in advance,

  Marina Meila

  ,_ o  Marina Meila           Dept of Statistics     Padelford B - 321
 / //\   Associate Professor     U of Washington    Box  354322
__\>>_|__ mmp@stat.washington.edu                 Seattle WA 98195-4322
   \\,     www.stat.washington.edu/mmp         phone: 206-543-8484