Re: Spaces please!

From: Burkhard Schultheis
Subject: Re: Spaces please!
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 19:21:04 +0100

Am 01.12.2009 17:19, schrieb andrea:

I get sick sometimes to read something like
x=y+1*(2-3*a^2)
but I get even more sick to add spaces manually every time.
I ask help to you elisp gurus, should I use a regexp or a macro-like
function (go-here, do-this)?

I think I should define some rules like:
- which operators want spaces (and if before or after)
- what is the arity of them

One problem for example could arise from things like

(-2)^10
but we could have some operators that could be binary or unary and check
that somehow.

I would do it with a beautifier like uncrustify with GUI universalident (<http://sourceforge.net/projects/universalindent/>. It can do that and much, much more!

Regards
Burkhard