Re: Maildir folder nnmaildir problem

From: Rthoreau
Subject: Re: Maildir folder nnmaildir problem
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 19:55:52 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 30, 4:42 am, CHENG Gao <cheng...@cyberhut.org> wrote:
> I think your setting is buggy. You set gnus-secondary-select-methods to nil.
>
> You can try (exactly):
>
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnmaildir "llacrbox" (directory
> "~/Maildir/")))
>
> (setq gnus-message-archive-method "nnmaildir+llacrbox:"
>           gnus-update-message-archive-method t
>       gnus-message-archive-group '((if (message-news-p)
>       "nnmaildir+llacrbox:sent-news"
>           "nnmaildir+llacrbox:sent-mail")))
>
> --
> Totus mundus agit histrionem

When I use your code with no other options I get an error byte-code:
Wrong type argument: listp, nnmaildir.  Also when I deactivate
everything but the gnus-secondary-select-methods I get the same error
as posted before and when I check the Message buffer I get these
errors.

Opening nnmaildir server...
Denied server nnmaildir
Opening nnmaildir server...failed

It makes me wonder if I need to install Emacs from source as I am
beginning to think that the package is at fault.

Rthoreau