Re: How to change indent width one buffer at a time?

From: Mat
Subject: Re: How to change indent width one buffer at a time?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:41:13 -0800 (PST)

despen wrote:

> Google "emacs file local variables".

OK, so the answer is "M-x set-variable", "c-basic-offset", then the value.
I was surprised that doing the setf in .emacs affects every buffer, but
doing it interactively only changes the current buffer.

Anyway, since that's a lot of trouble, I made myself a shortcut:

(defun change-c-basic-offset (size)
  (interactive "nNew indent size: ")
  (setf c-basic-offset size))