Re: How to set line wrap

From: Anselm Helbig
Subject: Re: How to set line wrap
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:32:13 +0100

Hi!

> > > Could some tell me how I can set the line wrap to 80 characters?
> [...]
> Thank you for your reply.
> I have already tried C-u 5 C-x f.  It did not do anything.
> Are you recommending that I put the following in my ~/.emacs?
>
> (setq-default fill-column 5)
> (add-hook 'php-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)
>
> I've never tried to personalize Emacs before.  So, please correct me
> if I am making a mistake.

Go on, try it! It won't reformat you hard drive. 8-) Also, Emacs is
all about customization, but you'll have to learn a little bit of
elisp to grasp what is going on. See e.g.

  http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2008/01/emergency-elisp.html

or of course the elisp intro that comes with Emacs.

HTH,

Anselm

--
Anselm Helbig - http://mnemonikk.org/