Re: How to set line wrap

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: How to set line wrap
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:54:37 +0100

RAYHAN MUKTADER <rmuktader@gmail.com> writes:

>> > [...]
>>
>> > I just tried it.  I don't notice anything different.
>> > What should I be looking for?  Should the color change after five
>> > characters?
>>
>> For php-mode auto-fill seems to only work within comments - in general
>> it doesn't make much sense to use auto-fill for programming. Start
>> typing a PHP comment and you'll see what auto-fill-mode does.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Anselm
>>
>> --
>> Anselm Helbig -http://mnemonikk.org/
>
> I did not see any change with comments either.  O well.  I just wanted
> some sort of warning if I exceed 80 characters in a single line.

(when (require 'column-marker nil t)
  (column-marker-1 80))

There are three pre-defined column markers, but you can easily add
more if you need them.  This displays the characters under the
specified column in a specific face.

"Klingon function calls do not have "parameters" -- they have
"arguments" and they ALWAYS WIN THEM."