session management with desktop and window configuration

From: Kiwon Um
Subject: session management with desktop and window configuration
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 02:08:18 -0800 (PST)

Dear Emacs users:

I'm now using desktop.el for managing sessions. When I do desktop-
read, it restore all files opened before well. Then, I'm wondering if
there is any way to restore window configuration as well in easy way.
Firstly, I tried to add some functions to the desktop hooks as
follows:
  (add-hook 'desktop-save-hook '(window-configuration-to-register ?0))
  (add-hook 'desktop-after-read-hook '(jump-to-register ?0))
However, it didn't work at all.

The register-base window configuration save/restore are perfect to
what I want. But I don't know how to integrate it with desktop. Please
give me help.