Re: Easy for Some

From: Steve Revilak
Subject: Re: Easy for Some
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 21:44:43 -0500

From: marioepsley <marioepsley@aol.com>

I have a file like this, could have up to a 1000 keyframes.:

Effects   Sound Keys #1   Output 1 #22
  Frame
  0   0.17489
  1   0.261281
  2   0.361762
  3   0.400085
  4   0.411538
  5   0.434799
  6   0.41712
  7   0.422151
  8   0.43181
  9   0.411811

Just to clarify the spacings: (     0       0.17489    )
Just to clarify the spacings: (tab0tab 0.17489 tab)

and i want to be left with just the raw values like this:

0.17489
0.261281
0.361762
0.400085
0.411538
0.434799
0.41712
0.422151
0.43181
0.411811

This isn't really an emacs answer, but

  cut -f3 foo.txt

should do what you want (assuming that your data is in a file called
"foo.txt").

I am a complete newbie, i downloaded aquamacs emacs yesterday

Since you mentioned aquamacs, I'm going to guess that you're using a
Mac.  If so, you'll need to run `cut' from within Terminal.app.

Of, if you want to do it within emacs, open the file with emacs and try

  C-x h ESC 1 ESC | cut -f3 RET

Broken down, this is

  C-x h       ;; selects entire buffer

  ESC 1 ESC | ;; ESC | pipes region to a command.  ESC 1 is
              ;; a prefix argument that means "replace the region
              ;; with the output of the command"

  cut -f3 RET ;; This is the command you're running on the region

Steve