Tagging in a Subversion Repo with VC

From: Mike Hostetler
Subject: Tagging in a Subversion Repo with VC
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 07:54:04 -0800 (PST)

I can't quite figure out the incantation to make a tag for my SVN
project with VC.

I've done it several different ways.  The way I think it should work
is that I hit C-x v s and then give it the directory name of my local
copy, and then the tag name.  When I do that, I get this in  my
*Messages* buffer:

Making tag...
Running svn copy test-tag ./ in foreground...
vc-do-command: Running svn copy test-tag ./...FAILED (status 1)

The format of the svn copy command is wrong, of course.  And in no way
does it know what the repo url is.

Can someone help me out?