problem with selecting package

From: brian
Subject: problem with selecting package
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 02:35:03 -0800

Hi,

I posted this on the slime dev list, but didn't get an answer. Maybe its not specific to slime, I don't know.

I am not a lisp/emacs person, just starting. I am running emacs 23 in cygwin in winxp. I installed elpa. It seems to work for most things For instance when I do 'm-X package-list-packages' the various packages are listed. I know to use 'I' then 'x' to intstantiate them. For example, the 'bubbles' game package I can run m-X bubbles and some other packages fine.

Howevre, slime is listed there as installed, and slime.el is listed under my emacs.d directory, but when I 'm-X slime ', it replies "no match" . Kind of frustrating! Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Thanks
Brian