Re: Java programming and emacs

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Java programming and emacs
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 23:57:56 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

   Steve Revilak <steve@srevilak.net> writes:

   Hi!

   >    CEDET also looks promising, but I haven't had time to experiment
   >    with it.

   Just for completeness, there's emacs-eclim [1], which is in very early
   stages of development.  It uses the Eclim plugin to eclipse, to port all
   of eclipse's features to emacs, like it was done for VIM.

As far as I understand, one needs eclipse in order to take
advantage of eclim, right ? If so, it won't work for me since I
live 100% in the linux console. Tell me if I am wrong and good
luck for your project.

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org