Re: emacs 23.1 font problem

From: Gerhard
Subject: Re: emacs 23.1 font problem
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:53:06 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:

> Gerhard <feldspat@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> .tex files. When I try to open such a file, I receive the
>> following message, and font-lock is turned off:
>>
>> File mode specification error: (error "Invalid face height"
>> 0.0)
>> File local-variables error: (error "Invalid face height" 0.0)
>
> locale problems, likely.  Or GTK-KDE integration.
>
> M-x report-emacs-bug RET
>
> would give some more information.

Dear David,

here it comes:

In GNU Emacs 23.1.90.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.3)
 of 2010-01-08 on localhost
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10605000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: LaTeX

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
File mode specification error: (error "Invalid face height" tex-suscript-
height)
set-face-attribute: Invalid face height: tex-suscript-height

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug tex-mode regexp-opt compile shell
comint ring latexenc help-mode easymenu view tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)