emacs+ede+ecb questions

From: Wolfram Brenig
Subject: emacs+ede+ecb questions
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:23:22 +0100

Hi,

is anybody out there using emacs + ede (cedet) + ecb ? I'm having several
newbie's questions:

1) how can I set compiler flags (a) *per* sub-project or (b) *per* target ? Not
the AM_....-type of flags, but such like CFLAGS="blabla".

2) If I have a source file which is a member of *several* targets of *several*
sub-projects, how can I switch the file's current membership from one pair of
(sub-projects/target) to another one other than purging its current buffer and
reloading it from the other sub-projects directory.

3) Somewhat similar to the preceeding, if I have a source file which is a
member of *several* targets within *one* sub-project, then, whenever I want to
compile it, ede will ask me for which target. In principle that's ok. - but
can't I somehow set a fixed target for compilation for a 'some time'. Always
having to answer 'for which target?' is not very handy.

4) How can I display *.o (object) files in ede's speedbar? I found several
places to change regexps for files to be, or not to be displayed, but none of
them produced the *.o files to show up in ede's speedbar file view?

5) Can I tell ede to compile a specific target completely from scratch,
although some *.o files may already have been compiled. Sure, one can delete
*.o files on a file-by-file basis, but that is not very handy.

6) I am trying to use ede together with ecb and I want to have ede's speedbar
instead of ecb's directory buffer. I have no problem in doing that, however
once ede's speedbar replaces ecb's directory buffer, I cannot resize the
speedbar's buffer anymore. Neither mouse_1,2, or 3 does this for me? How to
resize speedbar's window  in ecb?

Thanks for any help,
wb