Datastructure for table

From: Johan Andersson
Subject: Datastructure for table
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:00:03 +0000

Hey,

I have an Org-table looking like this:
| person | car     | wife      |
| John     | Volvo | Susan |
| Peter    | BMW  | Greta   |
| Stefan  | Golf    | Althea  |

I want to parse this so that I get one object per row (execpt the
header, which defines the keys). So if I for example have the first
object, I want to be able to fetch the value of some column given the
header key. The table is dynamic and can have any number of columns
and the header names differ.

What kind of datastructure would fit for this? I can think of a few
that may work (Hash-table, Struct and Plist), but none that fit very
well.

Thanks!