Re: e23 inverse video on mode line and nowhere else

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: e23 inverse video on mode line and nowhere else
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:04:59 GMT

    When I run emacs in terminals, the mode line is always inverse video
    but the rest is normal.

Thanks for replying, but this is not even remotely true for me in e23
(it used to be that way, for sure, for many many years).  Now, I start
emacs with emacs-23.1 --no-site --no-init in an xterm, and immediately
observe the *scratch* buffer name is in bold.  (Haven't tried
tty-suppress-bold-inverse-default-colors yet, but anyway, that's not so
critical.)

More importantly, then I run M-x grep and do something like
"grep -nH e /etc/issue", and observe that "/etc/issue:1:" is underlined,
"matches found" is in bold, etc.

All of these things are what my brain needs to have eliminated :).