Re: How to "fill" these individual bullets, WITHOUT having to separate b

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: How to "fill" these individual bullets, WITHOUT having to separate by white-space?
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:59:47 +0100

Hi,

dkcombs@panix.com (David Combs) writes:

> How to "fill" these individual bullets, WITHOUT having to separate by
> white-space?

since I (still?) use filladapt I can just M-x fill-region or hit M-q on
each bullet to get:

     * Manage user accounts
     * Monitor filesystems and processes
     * Work with configuration files in important formats such as XML
       and YAML
     * Administer databases, including MySQL, MS-SQL, and Oracle with
       DBI
     * Work with directory services like LDAP and Active Directory
     * Script email protocols and spam control
     * Effectively create, handle, and analyze log files Administer
       network name and configuration services, including NIS, DNS and
       DHCP
     * Maintain, monitor, and map network services, using technologies
       and tools such as SNMP, nmap, libpcap, GraphViz and RRDtool
     * Improve filesystem, process, and network security

It sometimes get's the fill prefix wrong, e.g. when writing part of a
sentence in parens, but usually it does the right thing for me.

Regards,
stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)