Re: Help

From: Matt Proud
Subject: Re: Help
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:52:28 -0800 (PST)

This is an especially good idea.  I declared .emacs bankruptcy about
two years ago, refactored for configuration and third-party imports
into separate files, and never turned back.

Another good tip is to put your Emacs configuration directory into
version control---e.g., Git.  If you're dilligent about keeping good
comments in revision logs, you could just roll back to other dates
when things go South.  I declared general dot-file bankruptcy and put
all my major ones in Git a while back.  It makes life so simple
between work, my laptop, and my desktop, too.

Good luck!