Re: get emacs to copy/cut/paste from CLIPBOARD selection?

From: Torben Knudsen
Subject: Re: get emacs to copy/cut/paste from CLIPBOARD selection?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:22:25 +0100

Brendan Miller <catphive@catphive.net> writes:

> I want emacs to play nice with my other editors, in terms of using the
> CLIPBOARD selection. What's the easiest way to make this happen? Right
> now emacs seems to only pay attention to the primary collection. Is
> there any way to make emacs play nice with other editors and the
> clipboard manager in this regard?
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/ClipboardManager

I use

(global-set-key "\C-cw" 'clipboard-kill-ring-save)
(global-set-key "\C-cy" 'clipboard-yank)

but there are other ways.  I also have the following in my .emacs wich I
don't remember what is

;; make emacs use the clipboard
;(setq x-select-enable-clipboard t)
;(setq interprogram-paste-function 'x-cut-buffer-or-selection-value)

--
Torben Knudsen