Re: get emacs to copy/cut/paste from CLIPBOARD selection?

From: Brendan Miller
Subject: Re: get emacs to copy/cut/paste from CLIPBOARD selection?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:34:40 -0800

Aha! With emacs 23 on ubuntu, pasting this into my .emacs makes emacs
have sane clipboard behavior using traditional emacs keybindings! I'm
not sure why this isn't default...

;; try to get clipboard working
; stops selection with a mouse being immediately injected to the kill ring
(setq mouse-drag-copy-region nil)
; stops killing/yanking interacting with primary X11 selection
(setq x-select-enable-primary nil)
; makes killing/yanking interact with clipboard X11 selection
(setq x-select-enable-clipboard t)

;  active region sets primary X11 selection
(setq select-active-regions t)
; make mouse middle-click only paste from primary X11 selection, not
clipboard and kill ring.
(global-set-key [mouse-2] 'mouse-yank-primary)