Re: how to keep a permanent buffer list open?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: how to keep a permanent buffer list open?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 13:56:31 -0800

On Friday 22 January 2010 12:03 PM, Brendan Miller wrote:
Thanks for your replies; however, I think I may not have been clear in
communicating what I want to do.

So maybe given the gedit screenshot, and a look at the firefox plugin,
someone will know if this is doable in emacs. I haven't dealt with
elisp much at all, so some pointers would be welcome.

You can try speedbar, and set it to display buffer list. I believe you can even make it display within the already open emacs frame instead of the default behaviour of a separate frame on the side.

Hope this points you in the correct direction. Good Luck.
--
Suvayu