Re: Ido for saving files or similar?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Ido for saving files or similar?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:57:23 -0500

> I'm using ido for opening files and switching buffers which is great.
> I'm also using smex for command completion etc.  Is there anything
> similar for saving files? It feels wrong to have to type the path in
> manually now.

BTW, patches to bring the default built-in completion code closer to
ido/smex would be welcome (note: I'm talking about the code, not
necessarily its default behavior).  It's delicate tho, but if you think
of how Emacs-23's completion is closer (especially if you enable
icomplete-mode and bind minibuffer-force-complete to a key), it might
give you ideas.

        Stefan