Emacs and Bind9

From: Drew Shaughnessy
Subject: Emacs and Bind9
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:27:14 -0600

Hello there.
I am in the process of configuring a Bind9 server on Ubuntu 9.10, but for some reason my emacs will not let me save my zone files because with the error "Cannot locate SOA record". This is slightly understandable since I am trying to use the SOA record from another file with this line:

$INCLUDE "/var/cache/bind/internal/includes/mydomain-soa"

And here is my mydomain-soa file:

$TTL    86400
@       IN      SOA     ns1.mydomain.com. admin.mydomain.com. (
                                       2010012712  ; Serial
                                       21600       ; Refresh
                                       3600        ; Retry
                                       604800      ; Expires
                                       86400 )     ; Minimum

                       IN      NS      ns1.
                       IN      NS      ns2.
                       IN      MX      10 mail.

Currently Bind restarts just fine and will preform lookups without any issue. Is there some config I can put into .emacs or some mode I can use that will keep emacs from checking for a SOA record?

--
Drew Shaughnessy
System Administrator