Re: ispell in Emacs.app

From: Oliver
Subject: Re: ispell in Emacs.app
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 02:58:40 +0100

Hi Tim,

maybe two alternative solutions:

1. Customize "Ispell Program Path" with full path: /opt/local/bin/aspell

2. In the Terminal.app do:
   $ sudo chmod 777 /etc/paths.d
   $ sudo echo "/opt/local/bin" > /etc/paths.d/macport
   $ sudo chown root:wheel /etc/paths.d/macport
   $ sudo chmod 644 /etc/paths.d/macport
   $ sudo chmod 755 /etc/paths.d

   Relogin to let the profile process read the file and add the path to
   the $PATH env.

   To uninstall just:
   $ sudo rm /etc/paths.d/macport

There is a third solution, but this will mess up the macport
installation of emacs.

  Greetings,

  Oliver