More interactive python

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: More interactive python
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 17:06:58 +0100

For some reasons I've never been able to write to python-mode (via
gmane+gnus) so I'll write it here...

It would be nice to have something like
- execute current function (asking for argument if needed)
- generate doc string (doesn't make sense to write it manually)

and so on.

I've found something but I had some problems and it was using pymacs.

Pymacs is really nice but apparently in a dead state, so maybe it's
better to not count too much on it...

Is there something already, or maybe do you have any hints on where to
start to do it??
Thanks