Querying Complete Scoped Identifier Name at Point

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Querying Complete Scoped Identifier Name at Point
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 08:30:40 -0800 (PST)

Has anybody written any extension of symbol-at-point that also
includes in context, which for example in C++ means to prefix it with
its namespace if given.

For example standing somewhere at "vector" in the expression
"std::vector" should return "std::vector" instead of "vector".

This is of course trivial to write. I just wondered if anybody has
written a multi-language interface for this?

Any suggestions on what to call such a function? My suggestion is
scoped-identifier-at-point()

Maybe we should include it thingatpt+.el, Drew?

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw