emacs + ftp

From: Martin
Subject: emacs + ftp
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 16:20:30 +0000

Hi all,

I know that when you open a remote file (ftp) with using tramp, it will
be updated remotely whenever you press C-x C-s. The problem is that I
connect to my ftp account using konqueror (Slackware64 13 + emacs 23.1),
and right-click on a file (open with + emacs). It opens a file, but
temporarily it stores it locally. When I modify a file and save changes
nothing happens, the file doesn't get updated remotely. I need to close
emacs (C-x C-c) and only then it asks me to upload the file.
I'd like it to work as it does in Kate, ie. whenever I press Ctr+s it
saves the file and uploads any changes on the fly. I know tramp does it
as well, but I'd have to open emacs first and open a remote file from
within emacs. That's not really convenient for me. I work with konqueror
(have a lot of remote bookmarks there) and open files by right-clicking
on a file and choosing emacs as a program to open with.

I hope that makes sense.

thanks in advance
--
regards