Re: Async Operations in TRAMP

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Re: Async Operations in TRAMP
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:54:29 -0800 (PST)

On 19 Lut, 11:26, Nordlöw <per.nord...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to make the dired/tramp file operations, typically
> remove, copy and move, asynchronous by spawning them as separate
> processes? This would make Emacs TRAMP even more unique and amazing...
>
> /Nordlöw

It  is certainly possible to launch a separate elisp interpreter from
emacs, and delegate to it commands for asynchronous execution. For an
example have a look here:

    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Sunrise_Commander#toc4

that  one  implements only the copy and move operations, but it would
be trivial to add remove too, or any other command that can be put in
the background.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.
escherdragon at gmail.com
"We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
(Quarry worker's creed)