Re: Aquamacs Gnus - newsserver - how to configure

From: Joachim Osnabryg
Subject: Re: Aquamacs Gnus - newsserver - how to configure
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:06:46 +0100

Am 21.02.2010, 19:15 Uhr, schrieb Bill O'Connor <billyoc@gmail.com>:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GetNewsWithGnus

Thank you, Bill, for he link.

I'm not sure, if what is said there is applicable on MacOSX.

There is said:

»Set the environment NNTPSERVER to the news server…«

1. => How to set this environment?

»… or write your news server name to /etc/nntpserver.«

2. => for the time being there is no file nntpserver

»… Or you can also use Gnus select methods:
 (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "my.news.server"))«

3. -=> Unfortunately I don't know how, what the Gnus select methods are and how to use them.

I'm really fully new to Aquamacs and Gnus.

If you or someone could give me answer to one of the three questions, I would again be very thankful!

joachim
--
MacBook Pro intel OSX 10.4.11 Tiger - Aquamacs Distribution 1.9
GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0)