How does M-x completion works

From: Yannick Duchêne
Subject: How does M-x completion works
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:35:58 +0100

Hi boys and girls,

I was stripping off from my Emacs on Windows, every things I do not need or use (or which is not design as I would like). But something does not seems logical to me : as an example, I have removed the Allout package (allout.el), Ok, but when I do a M-x TAB, allout-mode is still there (and obviously fails if I hit ENTER, as I've removed it). I've run search for allout inclusions in all *.el files, but this did not solve the trick.

Do some one know how M-x completion works ? Is it hard coded in the Emacs executable ?

By the way, is there somewhere a document which would describe the base line of the Emacs architecture ? This may be useful to me to figure out what is really optional and what is not.

Have a nice day

--
No-no, this isn't an oops ...or I hope (TM) - Don't blame me... I'm just not lucky