Re: How does M-x completion works

From: Yannick Duchêne
Subject: Re: How does M-x completion works
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:25:52 +0100

Well, as it seems to be a hard coded reference (I looked at strings
contained in the exe, there seems to be a lot like this), I may try to add
a script, which, at startup, will iterate on autoload definitions, check
for each if the corresponding file exist, and if the file if not there,
then remove the definition (if possible). Or perhaps, as an other
alternative, recompile an Emacs without the unneeded hard coded
definitions.

Why?  What problem do they cause?
Although removed, they are still shown by the auto-completion, that's the trouble.

--
No-no, this isn't an oops ...or I hope (TM) - Don't blame me... I'm just not lucky