Re: How to stop emacs from showing additional background for text?

From: Raghuram Devarakonda
Subject: Re: How to stop emacs from showing additional background for text?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 07:53:10 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 25, 4:19 am, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 24.02.2010 um 21:00 schrieb Raghuram Devarakonda:
>
> > I am guessing that I need to customize some face but not sure
> > which one it is.
>
> Position the text cursor on some character and type C-u C-x =. A
> *Help* buffer will open. (Maybe there is some customisation necessary
> to activate this "final" feature.) After descriptions of the character
> the buffer will also describe the face the character uses. This face
> description is a hyper-link and leads to a *Customize* buffer in which
> you can change settings.

Thanks for the reply. I tried this command and found face properties
for the text. The descriptions of the face looked normal and didn't
offer any clues as to what may be causing the original problem. How
ever, on experimenting more, I found that emacs frame is always coming
up with the same background color (very light grey) irrespective of
what I pass with "-bg" option. In fact, the color I pass with "-bg" is
what is showing up as background for all the text. Does this ring any
bell? I looked up "frame-parameters" and compared it's value with the
one in old emacs and all the values are more or less same. BTW, I am
trying this on OpenSuSE.

Thanks,
Raghu