Re: Integrating Windows Emacs with Cygwin - how I got it working

From: The Quiet Center
Subject: Re: Integrating Windows Emacs with Cygwin - how I got it working
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 07:39:00 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 27, 9:57 am, Lennart Borgman <lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just out of curiousity, do you
> really need grep-find? Perhaps rgrep is enough?

I never knew about rgrep. I've been using Emacs for 20 years and only
used M-x grep-find

but it's always nice to know about something new. And yes, it does
look like that does the same thing.

But standard Unix toolbox philosophy suggests piping together programs
with a fixed purpose instead of lumping together functionality in one
binary... but if I really thought that, I would be using emacs in the
first place ;-)