Re: Aquamacs Gnus - newsserver - how to configure

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Aquamacs Gnus - newsserver - how to configure
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:59:32 -0700

Joachim Osnabryg wrote:
Helo Kevin and all back,

Which is the "Fine Manual" for upsetting and configuring Aquamacs Gnus?

e. g. I have now (setenv "NNTPSERVER" "news.gmane.org") in a file named .emacs i. e. /Users/joachim/.emacs
and therein the row:

(setenv "NNTPSERVER" "news.gmane.org")

But when I menu-choose Tools > Read Net News (Gnus)
I get a Group buffer with the newsserver news.arcor.de (probably defined before in another file, can't remember how), but I would like to have both newsservers and be able to chose newsgroups from them.

I found many manuals etc. for Aquamacs, Emacs and Gnus, sometimes contradictory and in any case confusing.

I suggest the Gnus manual distributed with Emacs.

,----

`----

--
Kevin Rodgers