killing an indirect buffer

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: killing an indirect buffer
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 12:09:50 -0600

I am working with indirect buffers. According to the GNU Emacs manual,

"Killing the base buffer effectively kills the indirect buffer, but killing an indirect buffer has no effect on its base buffer."

But I do want the base-buffer killed when a user kills the indirect buffer in my specific application. Can anyone think of a way to have the base-buffer killed when an indirect buffer is killed? I first thought of something like the following hook, made buffer-local in my indirect buffer:

  (add-hook 'kill-buffer-hook 'my-kill-buffer-hook-fun)

  (defun my-kill-buffer-hook-fun ()
     (kill-buffer (buffer-base-buffer)))

but then killing the indirect buffer will attempt to kill the base-buffer which will attempt to kill the indirect buffer, which will attempt ...

and I get "not: Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'"

Thanks!
Erik Iverson