Reset Emacs state

From: Johan Andersson
Subject: Reset Emacs state
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:41:06 +0000

Hey,

I'm looking for a way to reset Emacs. By reset I mean like something you would want to do in a testing framework. So if you set a variable in one test, it will not be set in the next.

The only way I find this possible is to run each test as a Emacs Batch script:
(dolist (test tests)
  (shell-command "./run-test"))

I guess that would work. However, there is a problem with this. run-test does not have the test object. I could solve that by for each test output the object to a file and then read it in run-test.

This solution seems rather clumpy though and I'm wondering if you can think of any good way to do it.

Thanks!