Re: Reset Emacs state

From: Johan Andersson
Subject: Re: Reset Emacs state
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:06:48 +0000

I don't see why I would want to do that. I want the inferior emacs process to read from the original emacs process. Or pass the variables from the original emacs process to the inferior emacs process. But why the other way around?

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Johan Andersson <johan.rejeep@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure how that would help me? Do you mean something like this?
>   (let ((var "some variable"))
>     (call-process "emacs" nil "*scratch*" t "-Q" "--batch" "-l"
> "~/test.el"))
> Using call-process would reset the state, but how do I reach var in test.el?
> I thought that was what you meant with dynamic scoping?

Using dynamic scoping and call-process are too different ways. When
using call-process you have to write some output in the inferior emacs
process and investigate that in the original emacs process.