Re: Emacs 23 scrollbar behavior

From: Ingo Strüwing
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 scrollbar behavior
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:36:24 +0100

Hi Peter,

Peter Dyballa, 15.03.2010 20:44:

> Am 15.03.2010 um 11:41 schrieb Ingo Strüwing:
>
>>> You can check with lsof which libraries are really used this moment...
>>

>> Besides others it shows these:

>> I'd say it uses GTK.
>
> No. These come in because GNU Emacs uses librsvg2. Look what my Xaw3d
> version uses:

> And it's not a GTK client because I configured, compiled, and installed
> it and when I invoke the bug report function from the Help menu it also
> tells me:

> These libraries are used by my GTK variant:

I beg your pardon that I'm too lazy to compare both lists to find the
essential difference. From a quick glance both lists seem to share quite
a few libraries.

>>> Which scroll-bars do you have, the left or the right ones? (I'm not
>>> going to tell which is which...)
>>
>> I have it on the right. As most other X11 applications have too.
>>
>> I hope, you won't say that it matters if the scrollbar is left or right?
>

> This plays no role. I wanted you to tell whether the scroll bars look
> like GTK or something else. Therefore I attached a screen-shot. GTK and
> other scroll-bars bear characteristic elements.

I didn't find the attachment. So I guess you asked me to attach a screen
shot.

Regards and thanks that you keep following the issue.
Ingo

P.S. If there is a German list, we can continue there, if you prefer.
--
Ingo Strüwing, Database Group
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder

GIF image