Re: emacs 22.3.1 igrep issue

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: emacs 22.3.1 igrep issue
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:53:47 -0600

Kenneth Goldman wrote:
Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote on 03/23/2010 05:49:54 PM:
 > > 1 - The first few lines of output look like this, which means I can't
 > > immediately start
 > > stepping through. I have to click on the igrep frame first.
 >
 > I can't understand what you mean. What did you expect?

Those 3 lines (the ones with the mode, the date, and the blank)
confuse next-error.

 > > -*- mode: igrep; default-directory: "f:/emacs/" -*-
 > > Igrep started at Tue Mar 23 15:33:32
 > >
 > > grep -n -i -e copy f:/emacs/*.el NUL
 > > ... and then the matches ...

Ah, I see the same thing in 22.3.  For some reason, Emacs identifies the
"Igrep started at ..." line as a grep hit:

There are text properties here:
  face                 (compilation-info underline)
  help-echo            "mouse-2: visit this file and line"
  keymap               compilation-button-map
  message              [Show]
  mouse-face           highlight

Here's where igrep hands over control to Emacs:

    (if (fboundp 'compilation-start)    ; Emacs 22
        (let ((compilation-process-setup-function 'grep-process-setup))
          (or (fboundp 'igrep-mode)
              (define-derived-mode igrep-mode grep-mode "Igrep"))
          (compilation-start command
                             'igrep-mode
                             nil
                             (cond ((eq compilation-highlight-regexp t))
                                   (compilation-highlight-regexp
                                    (if (eq program "fgrep")
                                        (regexp-quote regex)
                                      regex)))))
      (compile-internal command (format "No more %s matches" program)
                        "Igrep" nil grep-regexp-alist))
--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA