Re: emacs installation / ubuntu

From: Henri-Paul Indiogine
Subject: Re: emacs installation / ubuntu
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 11:56:01 -0500

"Lefterov, Iliya" <ILIYAL@pitt.edu> writes:
> I am really, rally new Linux/Ubuntu "user" - just 2 days... so, I think it is
> reasonable to get stuck with Gnu Emacs installation... I thought it was going
> to be as easy as Aquamacs (lots of experience) on Mac machines.... The end
> message that I get is "accusing" me of ignoring X-option.

I switched from OSX to Ubuntu Karmic a couple of months ago and I do not
regret it.  Yes, it took more time to make Gnu Emacs behave is somewhat
similar fashion to Aquamacs.  Yes, I think that Aquamacs is the nicest
Emacs ever produced.  However, you can get close to it with Ubuntu's
emacs23 package and some .emacs adjustments.

I have never encountered this X-option message.  Does it appear during
installation or when you try to run Emacs?

--
Henri-Paul Indiogine
Email: hindiogine@gmail.com