Re: The problem of writing php code with emacs, Help!!

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: The problem of writing php code with emacs, Help!!
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:28:35 +0200

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 1:27 AM,  <m.pontus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Having the same problem. It may be better idea to put a bug into mmm-mode bug
> tracker, but if anyone is familiar with this problem, the solution would me
> much appreciated.
>
> I managed to get backtrace on error occurrence, here is what it says:
>  Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>  c-syntactic-skip-backward(nil nil t)
>  c-looking-at-decl-block(nil t)
>  c-guess-basic-syntax()
>  c-indent-line()
>  c-electric-semi&comma(nil)
>  call-interactively(c-electric-semi&comma nil nil)
>
> My lack of elisp knowledge doesn't let me to help in fixing this issue.
> I looked deeply for solution to this problem, unfortunately I didn't find
> anything but the advices of using mumamo instead. Well, I hesitate to accept
> this solution. nXhtml is a great package with a lot of features, but what i'm
> looking for is a simple multimode in a buffer which will let me jump between
> php, javascript and css in html document for indention and highlighting.
> Omitting the fact that nXhtml had insufficient performance without
> byte-compiling (i didn't try compiling it tbh) I don't like the idea of
> having one package for all tasks. Sorry if i misunderstood the role of nXhtml
> and mumamo package.
>
> P.S.
> I can not vouch for the reliability of next words, but as far as i can
> remember, when i first installed and configured the package, i tried to write
> a file combined of html, php, css and javascript and it worked well including
> highlighting and indention. I can not remember if I changed something since
> that time, but now I'm having this annoying error just like the topic starter.

It is a bit unclear to me if you are using mmm-mode or nXhtml. If you
want to test nXhtml I just uploaded a new beta 2.07 which may fix your
problems.

Byte compiling nXhtml can be done from the nXhtml menu in Emacs.

For the problem that you do not wish to have everything in one package
I have no cure ... ;-)