Redirect Output

From: Johan Andersson
Subject: Redirect Output
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:23:26 +0000

Hey,

I have a batch program where I run some Elisp functions and then print some results. The problem is that some of the functions I'm calling produces output. And I don't want that. So I'm basically looking for a way to only output my printing.

The first I thought about was redirecting stdout to something else. Like this:

#!/usr/bin/emacs --script

(let* ((buffer (get-buffer-create "output"))
       (standard-output buffer))
  (print "some printing"))

That works fine, except that it does not bite on message. Like this:

#!/usr/bin/emacs --script
(let* ((buffer (get-buffer-create "output"))
       (standard-output buffer))
  (message "some message"))

Any ideas how I can solve this?