Question about emacs server.

From: Sergio A. Morales
Subject: Question about emacs server.
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 15:10:55 -0300

Hi all.

Im a new user of emacs and i wondered if  emacs-server and emacsclient
can work like the CTU terminals in 24 (tv serie). Actually i can connect
to a emacsserver from emacsclient but i can't view or modify the buffer
(read only), so maybe there are something i'm doing wrong or that is the
normal behavior for emacsclient and a remote file.

I was expecting this behavior: Someone on my network send me to my emacs
his buffer (a file, a game, a shell, etc). Then i work on it and return
it to him. So i constantly send and recibe buffers meanwhile the changes
are write in the respective origen files.

Can this be posible with emacs? How? I need other software?

Thank you for your time and sorry for the poor english.