`ant -find build.xml` and compile/recompile

From: Tim Visher
Subject: `ant -find build.xml` and compile/recompile
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 23:53:07 -0400

Hello Everyone,

With `basedir="."`, how is `ant -find` supposed to work?  With it set
to `/absolute/path/to/build.xml`, how is the build script supposed to
be box independent?

We use ant to build our system and I would like to be able to use `ant
-find` to allow myself (and Emacs) to build the system from any
subdirectory.  Currently, we build from the command line and always
need to be in the directory that houses build.xml.  The reason is that
we have relative paths littered all over the build script in order to
package things up and move them around.  I can't figure out how to get
around this.  It also leads me to wonder why `-find` is even available
if the only way it can be used is if all of your paths are absolute
(which is not on anyone's best practices list).

I'm cross posting this between Emacs and Ant.  In your reply please
attach to both as I couldn't find a relevant thread in either list via
the archives.  Of course, that could have been my fault, in which case
it'd be awesome to cross post with a link to the solution. :)

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.

http://burningones.com/