Re: elisp: apply variable or function

From: Ian Eure
Subject: Re: elisp: apply variable or function
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 00:12:00 -0700

On Apr 11, 2010, at 12:05 AM, "Zhu, Shenli" <zhushenli2@gmail.com> wrote:

On 04/11/2010 02:23 PM, Ian Eure wrote:
I.e. Blah as a variable is distinct from blah as a function.

I believe that the way this is implemented internally is that blah is
one symbol which has one  cell for the value as a variable and a cell
for the value as a function. But the effect in this case is the same
as if they were separate symbols entirely.

 - Ian

Hi Ian, thank you!

Do you mean
(apply 'blah args) will call the function blah
(apply blah args) will call the function pointer in variable blah?

In a nutshell, yes.

 - Ian