Re: How can I configure emacs-daemon to kill itself when I shut down my

From: Bastian Beischer
Subject: Re: How can I configure emacs-daemon to kill itself when I shut down my computer
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:22:36 +0200

Hey,

maybe this could help you?
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-desktop-74/gnome-run-script-on-logout-724453/

Someone wrote a python script that executes a script on logout. Maybe you could use this in order to run a killall on your daemon process...

Cheers
Bastian

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 10:02 AM, hap 497 <hap497@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am using emacs 23.1 on ubuntu 9.10.
And I always use emacs-client to open a file and it will creates a
emacs -daemon when needed.
My problem is everything I shut down my ubuntu environment, it asks me
if I want to kill emacs damon. And I have to manually click 'Close' in
order for the shut down to continue.

Is there anyway to automatic this?

Thank you.

--
Bastian Beischer

I. Physikalisches Institut B (RWTH Aachen)
Sommerfeldstr. 14
52074 Aachen
GERMANY

Office: 28-C-203