Re: Print out my key-sequences

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Print out my key-sequences
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:58:00 -0600

Andrea Crotti wrote:
Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

I am a elisp newbie and I have never used Macs, I couldn't give you a
clue. But to setup the notifications you could try looking in this
post.

http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/11/showing-pop-ups.html

Here the author uses notify-send (a GNU/Linux tool like growlnotify)
to send notifications.

Good Luck and do post back if you have any solutions to your need. It
would be interesting to know.

Thanks a lot, but now the actually showing the popup is not hard at all,
now I would like to understand how to manage new keys instead.

I've seen the code of C-h l and in short I can use
- (recent-keys) which returns a vector of the last 300 keys inserted
- (single-key-description) which makes it more readable

I can check always the last element inserted in the vector and print it
out, is that supposed to work?

Not for multi-event keybindings.  C-h f this-command-keys

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA