Re: gnus sent mail

From: Gary .
Subject: Re: gnus sent mail
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:51:35 +0200

On 4/22/10, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> If I don't specify anything, does gnus keep the sent email anywhere?
> (using a non-gmail smtp server)

I suspect it doesn't - "Gnus provides a few different methods for
storing the mail and news you send. The default method is to use the
archive virtual server  to store the messages. If you want to disable
this completely, the gnus-message-archive-group variable should be
nil, which is the default."
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Archived-Messages.html

IOW, it seems the defaul method for archiving is to use the archive
virtual server, but the default is... not to do so. An odd decision,
if you ask me, but that seems to be the way it is.