Re: Weird "Undefined color: "black " " error message

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Weird "Undefined color: "black " " error message
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:42:04 -0000

John <freesoft12@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was editing my .Xdefaults to change the color for xcleardiff and
> typed 'xrdb -merge .Xdefaults'. Now when I try to launch emacs 23.1.1.
>
> $ emacs
> Undefined color: "black           "
>
> Any suggestions?

Looks like emacs is picking up a lot of whitespace as part of the colour
name. Check that your xdefaults line has no trailing whitespace. If it
does, remove it and see if that fixes the problems.

Note that even if it does fix the problem, I still think this is a bug
and should be reported to the emacs devs as such.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au