Re: Does gnu emacs have the equivalent of Xemacs mouse-track-insert

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Re: Does gnu emacs have the equivalent of Xemacs mouse-track-insert
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:42:10 -0000

On 12 Mar, 11:10, asac <asafi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
(...)
> step1: place the cursor when you want to paste/yank the text
> step2: ctrl-double click on left button on the text you want to copy/
> paste and you will get it where you initially placed the cursor.
(...)

This can be achieved in GNU Emacs using the secondary selection:
step0: do (setq mouse-yank-at-point t),
step1: place the cursor where you want to yank the test,
step2: M-leftclick on the beginning of the text want to copy, then
       M-rightclick on the end *OR* M-drag over that area,
step3: M-centerclick to paste.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.