Re: A mac keyboard under windows.

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: A mac keyboard under windows.
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:42:15 -0000

Defacta <boxfly@free.fr> writes:

> I have a macbook and just installed Windows 7 on it for doing HTML/
> JavaScript test on IE...
>
> With Emacs, I can't access to keyboard shortcuts as "~" or "{".
> When I am using Firefox for example I have to do ALT+CTRL+2 to have a
> "~" but when I am under Emacs, when I do ALT+CTRL+2  I have the
> message "C-M-é" is undefined".
>
> How can I fix it to have access to macbook shortcuts ?
> I think I must tell Emacs not to do consider "C-M"...how can I do
> that ?

Wrong keyboard map. Change keyboard map.

AZERTY is not made for programmers, it's made for secretaries typing
French letters.

If you want to program, use an american QWERTY keyboard, where all the
special characters used by the programming languages designed by
american programmers using american QWERTY keyboards are easily
accessible.

Otherwise if you really insist on it, you can translate the mappings,
with:

(keyboard-translate ?\& ?\!)
(keyboard-translate ?\é ?\~)
(keyboard-translate ?\" ?\#)